Moving house is the most stressful experience ever! We offer a quality, personal service providing practical solutions tailored to meet individual requirements.
We handle all aspects of buying and selling residential property including:
- Freehold and leasehold sales and purchases
- Right to buy
- Planning law
- Lease extensions and enfranchisement
- Mortgages and finance
Due to recent legislation regarding anti-money laundering The Law Society has issued associated procedures, which all solicitors must follow when dealing with private clients. Due to these changes solicitors require the following documentation before buying or selling real property (i.e. houses):
1. Signed and current passport
2. Photographic identification, e.g. driving licence
3. Benefit book (if applicable)
4. Recent utility bills
Once you have provided us with these documents our team will do the rest meaning all you have to do is chose a moving company!
Average cost or range of costs
£700.00 + VAT - £7,500.00 + VAT
On a purchase transaction you may opt for us to complete the Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) return for which there will be a charge of £50.00 + VAT. Please see below for an explanation of SDLT in the disbursements section.
All transactions are subject to disbursements which you will be responsible for. Please contact us today for a full, no obligation, quote.
All transactions will also be subject to a £50.00 + VAT fee to cover postages, telephones and miscellaneous expenses to include photocopying charges.
Experience and qualifications of anyone carrying out the work
Our conveyancing team is comprised of two solicitors, a licenced conveyancer and two extremely experienced conveyancing executives who will be able to handle even the most complex transaction. We have successfully completed thousands of property sales and purchases for a wide range of clients; from families in the UK buying their first home to overseas commercial property developers and everyone in between. Since the inception of our firm in the 80s we have worked tirelessly to ensure that all our clients receive the best possible service.
Search fees: approximately £250.00 + VAT
Land Registry fee: £95.00 - £910.00
Bank transfer fee: £30.00
Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) will depend on a number of factors. Call us today on 020 8204 7181 and we will be happy to calculate it for you.
Each transaction is different and how long it take will depend on a number of factors. It can take just couple of days or it can take several months. The average time is roughly eight weeks.
Details of services
- carry out anti money laundering checks.
- advise and take instructions on joint ownership.
- receive and advise on contract.
- carry out the legal investigation, including searches, into the title of the property.
- further advice as necessary.
- make enquiries of the other side's solicitors as necessary.
- advise on conditions of any mortgage offer.
- prepare Report of Title and send to you with the contract for signature.
- agree completion date.
- exchange contracts.
- draft the transfer and arrange for you to sign the same.
- pre-completion formalities.
- arrange for monies from your lender.
- deal with payment of SDLT.
- perfect the registration at the Land Registry.